Kodama Systems is a small forestry company based in Sonora, CA improving forest thinning operations and utilize waste biomass in order to prevent catastrophic wildfire. We’re looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented individual to assist with the development, testing, and implementation of our machinery. Ideal candidates enjoy the outdoors, problem-solving, and working with their hands. This is a great role for someone interested in expanding mechanical engineering competencies and innovating forest management methodologies.
Job Type: Temporary with potential for full-time (at-will)
Compensation: $20-25/hr, depending upon experience
Required Experience: 4 years of education and/or working experience.
Location: Area around Sonora, CA and Stanislaus National Forest
Hours: 40+ hours per week
Travel: Required to job sites and will be reimbursed for gas according to company policies.
- Manage Kodama electrical system including lidar, gps, cameras, and e-stop
- Diagnose electrical, mechanical, and other robotics problems with heavy equipment
- Work with the Ops team to repair sensors, cameras, and hard-wired system controls
- Calibrate sensors and encoders
- Install hardware and manage cable routing
- Testing sensor placement and prototyping new hardware
- Collaborating with the Engineering team on technology modifications and project management
- Perform daily checks and maintenance of project equipment
- Utilize company vehicles and tools including pick-up trucks, radios, saws, and drills
- Participate in manual and remote-controlled machine operations
- Assist with in-forest activities such as scouting, spotting, and surveying
- Follow company safety protocols during testing and project implementation
- Hiking and working in forested areas, sometimes in austere environments or during early morning or later evening hours
- Mechanical design (e.g. CAD in SolidWorks)
- General electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Sheet metal design
- Camera and lidar calibration
- Soldering, crimping
- Drilling and tapping
- Linux and command line
- Ethernet networking (e.g. IP configuration)
- Robot Operating System (ROS), Gazebo, and Bazel
- First Aid / CPR / first responder certifications
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate outside of Tuolumne County
Note – due to the volume of inquiries, not all applicants will receive a response.