Autonomy Software Engineer (Full Stack)
As Kodama's autonomy software engineer, you will manage the software architecture on our autonomous heavy equipment. This involves managing sensor integrations, working with autonomy partners, and implementing navigation algorithms. You will define the base code for all of Kodama's future autonomous systems and enable first-of-its-kind forest autonomy!
- Architecting and developing automation software for forestry heavy equipment which deploys in the cloud and on premise
- Designing and implementing unit and integration testing strategies for mission-critical software
- Creating an agile development environment
- Establishing best practices and leading/participating in rigorous code reviews to meet the highest quality standards
- Establishing simulation and integration testing to minimize hardware in the loop testing and rapidly improve algorithms
- Delivering usable and/or demo-able progress on a weekly basis
- End-to-end software engineering experience and capability in analysis, requirements, coding, and verification testing
- Effective in communicating complex concepts
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- First-principles thinker who has invented novel solutions to technical problems
- Extensive experience with creating software, scripts, and queries with multiple languages (SQL, Python, MATLAB, C++, Java, etc.)
- Experience designing and developing service-based software which is deployable in the cloud and on premise
- BS in Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent
- Experience with ROS and/or other robot communication architecture(s)
- Experience with OpenCV and/or other computer vision libraries
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or other machines
- Creating software integration and unit tests
- Software and hardware test development
- Automated dashboards fusing test results and data from simulation
- Development and production version control (git or equivalent)
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent
Perks and Benefits
Generous stock options. We’re an early-stage company and we want you to benefit from the financial upside.
Flexible time off. We’re a small, flexible team. Work hard and take time off when you need it.
Stay healthy. Health insurance reimbursement for you and your family.
Learn on the job. Annual conference budget, including airfare and hotel costs.
Spend time in nature. This role enables you to spend time in national forests!