Software Engineer – Robotics
About the RoleAs a software engineer at Kodama, you'll join a small, fast-paced team building semi-autonomous functionality for large forestry equipment. You'll contribute across the stack to making our vision of increasing the efficiency of forest fuels reduction a reality.
- Develop robotics & teleoperation software for heavy equipment
- Work in an agile development environment with the rest of our engineering team
- Prior experience developing software for robotic systems
- Experience and willingness to work on a dynamic and broad set of engineering problems
- Excellent communicator, able to create effective artifacts, such as block diagrams, design documents, and requirements, to enable teams to collaborate on complex products and drive solutions
- Experience with C++ and Python
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer
- BS in Robotics, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, or equivalent
- Experience with ROS2
- Experience in perception, controls, or navigation
- Knowledge of computer networking
Perks and Benefits
- Generous stock options. We’re an early-stage company and we want you to benefit from the financial upside.
- Flexible time off. We’re a small, flexible team. Work hard and take time off when you need it.
- Stay healthy. Full health insurance benefits for you and your family.
- Learn on the job. Annual conference budget, including airfare and hotel costs.
- Spend time in nature. This role enables you to spend time in national forests!
*Note – due to the volume of inquiries, not all applicants will receive a response.
Apply for this position